Trudell Spacer Guardian Programme
Following the information session prior to our GP CPCS training (Support Pack Session: https://youtu.be/SiYOzNZlj1Q and full session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSrCy3b4NP8), Trudell Medical UK ltd are sending out packs to support the “Enhancing the Spacer Care in a community pharmacy setting” or Spacer Guardian programme. You will be receiving this pack through the post imminently as we have been told that distribution has started this week.
These packs are designed to help you have conversations with patients who use pressurised Metered Dose Inhalers (pMDIs) to quickly ascertain whether that patient will benefit from use of a spacer device. The packs contain a questionnaire patients can fill in themselves, some information guides and a form to request prescribing of a spacer from the GP if appropriate. There’s a hints and tips video CPCW have hosted at https://youtu.be/SiYOzNZlj1Q that explains how to utilise these materials if you wish to.
We think these will be useful to use at a variety of patient contact points (NMS) and will prompt a good discussion about managing their condition with key patients and ensure they can be supported appropriately in using their pMDI as well as identifying those who would benefit from an additional prescription dispensing of a spacer device.
- All pharmacies across Cheshire & Merseyside should receive a full pack imminently with materials to support their activities over the next month
- UK AC 061g 0321 Spacer Patient Information Leaflet SPIL Certified for Use
- UK AC 061f 0321 Spacer Patient Opinion Questionnaire SPOQ Certified for Use
- UK AC 061e 0321 Pharmacy Spacer Checklist Certified for Use
- UK AC 061c 0321 Pharmacy Spacer Referal form Certified for Use
- UK AC 061b 0321 Pharmacy Pilot Evaluation Review Certified for Use
- UK AC 061a 0321 Pharmacy Pilot Information Letter for GP Practice Certified for Use
- UK AC 061t 0421_Pharmacy Spacer Guidance Info 30th April 2021 Certified for Use
- All pharmacies will receive a second delivery shortly with further materials package that will cover further usage
- Extra materials can be ordered via James Meir at Trudell Medical (DMeir@trudellmedical.co.uk)