CD Incident Reporting and Destruction

To comply with your contractual obligations to report critical incidents into NHSE and all significant concerns related to controlled drugs please note the following.

Email address for Incident Reporting

Use NHS England North (Cheshire & Merseyside) email address for the reporting of Community Pharmacy incidents

NWCD Alert Template 2021

Email address for CD Incident Reporting

The process for reporting concerns involving Controlled Drugs is via

The CD Accountable Officer (CDAO) is Devina Halsall and the contact is

Reporting break-ins, forgeries and CD thefts (all schedules):

  1. dial 101 or 999 if an emergency
  2. Ensure that you describe whether the drug is a Class A, B or C under the Misuse of Drugs Act (–2/list-of-most-commonly-encountered-drugs-currently-controlled-under-the-misuse-of-drugs-legislation) since this is the terminology known to the police.
  3. Obtain the crime reference number
  4. Contact the Controlled Drugs Liaison Officer (CDLO) for your area, and give them the crime reference number. They will link in with the investigating officer.
  5. Report into

Controlled Drug Destruction

Please sign in at

Select Reporting Forms

Request Authority

If you are part of a multiple pharmacy please follow your Area Manager’s or Superintendent’s process.

Controlled Drug Reporting Website

The Controlled Drug Reporting website –